Engaging employees equals success
Social enterprise, Housing 21, a leading provider of care, health and housing services for older people, has been presented with a nationally recognised award.
Housing 21 was awarded the Investors in People Standard for staff development and training, and joins more than 22,000 ambitious organisations in the UK that are recognised against the Investors in People framework.
Originally created to help businesses recover after the recession of the 1980s, the national quality standard is equally as relevant today. Awarded to well-run organisations which demonstrate good management practice with a high emphasis on best practice people management and development, the standard encourages growth, profitability and efficiency.
Pushpa Raguvaran, Chief Executive of Housing 21, which has just over 7,500 employees, said: “We are delighted to receive Investors in People accreditation. At Housing 21 we have long recognised that our people are the backbone of the organisation and are proud of our track record in the development and training of skilled and motivated staff. Achieving IIP is not only recognition for the effective processes that we already have in place but is also an important focus for our continual improvement.”
Research shows that organisations of any type and size that adopt a comprehensive approach to people development perform better than those without, indicated by higher gross profits per employee, higher profit margins and higher productivity. Companies that have achieved the Investors in People Standard also have higher levels of trust, co-operation and commitment than their competitors.
John Telfer, Managing Director of Inspiring Business Performance Ltd (IBP), the Investors in People Centre for London and the South of England, said: “This award is a celebration of both management and staff learning from each other and collaborating together to create an efficient and enjoyable working environment. I look forward to hearing about further success and award recognition from Housing 21 in the future.”
To find out more about IBP and the benefits of Investors in People, visit www.inspiringbusinessperformance.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 0800 612 3098.
Notes to editors:
For more media information, please contact: Wendy Gornicki, PR & Information Officer, Housing 21 on 0370 192 4338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Investors in People
- Investors in People South is delivered by Inspiring Business Performance Ltd (IBP)
- The Investors in People Standard provides a practical framework for improving business performance and competitiveness through good practice in people management.
- An organisation that has achieved the Standard has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles: Plan - developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies; Do - implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation; Review - evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
- For more information on Investors in People visit http://www.inspiringbusinessperformance.co.uk/iip-south/
- Inspiring Business Performance (IBP) enables organisations to build success and competitive advantage through the alignment of their people with the business direction and objectives. IBP helps businesses develop a more motivated and productive workforce, inspired to perform and achieve.
- Through providing consultancy and a range of innovative products and solutions from the strategic to the tactical, we help our clients to create working environments where employees want to contribute and succeed, and businesses that customers want to engage with. IBP will work with you to address challenges, find solutions and implement improvements to reach your business goals.
- Working with organisations from all sectors and sizes, our clients range from small businesses to multinationals.
- With a solid track record of successfully helping organisations achieve accreditations, such as Investors in People and Lexcel, IBP now offers a range of practical solutions for business.
- Housing 21’s mission is to promote independence and choice for older people through quality care, health and housing services. It provides around 130,000 hours of care each week and manages around 19,000 sheltered and extra care apartments, providing services to more than 31,000 service users.
- Keep up to date with Housing 21 at www.facebook.com/housing21.co.uk or via our website www.housing21.co.uk, or follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Housing21news