Housing 21 signs up to Investors in People
Housing 21, a leading provider of care, health and housing services, has recently announced its commitment to work towards achieving Investors in People, the most successful framework for business improvement through people. In working towards Investors in People recognition, the organisation has signed up to reviewing how effective it is at planning, implementing and evaluating its strategies, as well as making a commitment to continuous improvement.
Commenting on its commitment, Sue Ascott, HR Business Partner for Housing 21 said:
“We’re very excited about working towards Investors in People. The flexibility and outcome focused framework that it provides will help us concentrate on delivering an outstanding business performance.
“We’re proud of our high standards in terms of training, career development and progression, and committing to Investors in People will allow us to take this a step further with the aim of achieving national recognition for our people management.”
John Telfer, Managing Director of Investors in People South, said:
“I am delighted that Housing 21 has committed to Investors in People and am confident that they will see real business benefits as a result. Research shows that working with Investors in People really enhances business performance, bringing increased employee engagement and benefit to the bottom line. I hope that Housing 21’s commitment will encourage other organisations in their sector to sharpen their competitive edge by choosing to work with the Investors in People framework.”
Housing 21 is a leading social enterprise promoting choice and independence for older people through a range of care, health and housing solutions. Operating in 150 local authority areas Housing 21 provides individually tailored solutions spanning housing, care, support, dementia and other services.
- For further information, please contact Wendy Gornicki, PR & Information Officer, Housing 21 on 0370 192 4338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing 21’s mission is to promote independence and choice for older people through quality care, health and housing services. It provides around 124,000 hours of community care each week and manages 18,200 sheltered and extra care apartments.
- Keep up to date with Housing 21 at www.facebook.com/housing21.co.uk or via our website www.housing21.co.uk
About Investors in People and IBP
- Investors in People offers a practical, flexible and easy to use tool for improving business performance and competitiveness through good practice in people management.
- An organisation that has achieved Investors in People has been successful in adopting and maintaining its three fundamental principles: Plan - developing strategies to improve the performance of the organisation, from business goals to leadership strategies; Do - implementing those strategies, taking action to improve the performance of the organisation; Review - evaluating and adjusting those strategies, measuring their impact on the performance of the organisation.
- The Investors in People Standard is governed by the UK Commission for Skills and Employment.
- IBP is licensed by Investors in People UK to deliver assessment and recognition services in the South of England under the name of Investors in People South, and to deliver associated services throughout the UK and internationally. Much of IBP’s assessment work is sub-contracted to its network of highly-qualified, registered Investors in People Specialists. IBP works with organisations from all sectors, with clients ranging from small charities to prestigious multinationals and has an established and accomplished reputation for delivering excellent service.
For more information on Investors in People please visit IBP / Investors in People South www.ibp.uk.com