Extra Care courts
Extra Care provides purpose built apartments in a community setting, with flexible care and support services available on-site.
- independent living in your own home
- discreet security to give you peace of mind
- a community setting with opportunities for an active and social lifestyle
- on-site staff providing care and support services
- on-site facilities such as hairdressers, restaurants and shops
The Court Manager will:
- Make daily contact unless you ask them not to
- Offer advice
- Organise repairs
- Arrange help with shopping or domestic chores.
- Encourage participation in social activities on and off court
- Help develop activities and services in which older people in the community can take part
Our Court Managers are full time, and you will be advised of your Court Manager's working hours.
Your support plan is designed to identify any extra assistance you need. Your Court Manager will help you complete your plan shortly after you move in and will arrange extra help or new services.
Emergency alarm system
The pull cords in our homes are connected to an alarm system so that you can summon help. The Court Manager is able to hear and speak to you over this system.
Parking is available for tenants, visitors and the Court Manager. We do not allocate specific parking spaces to individual tenants. If parking at the court is limited, we may ask visitors to park elsewhere.
All courts have a no smoking policy in communal areas.
How to apply
To apply for accommodation at one of our new Extra Care courts, please contact the Housing Team at the appropriate council:
|Broadstairs, Thanet||Bradstow Court||
Thanet District Council
|Wilmington, Dartford||Emily Court||
Dartford Borough Council
Sevenoaks District Council
|Ashford||Joseph Hadlum Court||
Ashford Borough Council
|Hythe, Shepway||Summer Court||
Shepway District Council
|Herne Bay, Canterbury||King Edward Court||
Canterbury City Council
|Maidstone||Tovil Green Court||
Maidstone Borough Council
|Dover||Buckland Court||Dover District Council