Search for a job
Care Worker - Staveley Court
- Salary: £7.50 per hour
- Reference: EC/CW/SC/51
- Location: Keighley - Bradford
- Hours: Various
- Closing date: 28/03/2018
- Interview date: tbc
Do you love going the extra mile for people to make them feel valued and respected?
What the role involves:
• Assisting the service user with personal needs where necessary and appropriate e.g. getting up in the morning, washing / bathing and dressing; helping with undressing and getting to bed in the evening.
• Providing assistance with household and domestic tasks, e.g. laundry, shopping, cleaning, and financial transactions such as paying bills.
• Making meals, drinks and snacks where necessary.
• Encourage and enable service users to follow agreed care plans.
Keep care managers, the service and key agencies informed about the well-being of
service users and the progress of the care being undertaken.
What we offer:
• Hourly rate of £7.50 plus enhancements:
- Weekday (Night) £1.00
- Weekend (Day) £1.00
- Weekend (Night) £2.00
• Free training
• Uniform provided
• Pension scheme
• Paid annual leave
• Employee support helpline
• Career progression
• £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
• Paid Training and Shadowing with experienced Care Workers
• Ongoing Specialist Care Training
• Dedicated support from your Line Manager
• Life Cover
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Childcare vouchers
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
• Car Leasing Scheme
• Eye test vouchers
What you need:
• No experience is necessary however enthusiasm and willingness to learn is a must
• To be kind and friendly
• Good written and verbal English communication skills
• Commitment to undertake necessary further training
• A friendly and caring approach
• A genuine desire to help people
• Reliability and flexibility
• The ability to use your initiative
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
Is this person you? Then we are excited to hear from you!
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A FULL ENHANCED DBS CHECK - COST WILL BE MET BY THE APPLICANT AND WILL BE REIMBURSED AFTER 6 MONTHS OF CONTINOUS EMPLOYMENT.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced disclosure check, satisfactory references, and induction training.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form attached and return to RecruitmentStavelyCourt@housingandcare21.co.uk or call 0370 192 4620 and ask to be transferred to Staveley Court and speak to the manager or coordinator should you require further information regarding this vacancy.
Please note due to the high number of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 1 month, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your time and interest in Housing & Care 21 and we wish you every success in the future. Please feel free to apply for future positions with ourselves.
Further information for this job:
Completed application forms should be emailed to
or posted to:
Staveley Court, Staveley Road, Keighley, BD22 7EB