Search for a job
Assistant Care Manager - Oakley Gardens
- Salary: £21,500 per annum
- Reference: EC/ACM/OG/64
- Location: West Bromwich
- Hours: 35
- Closing date: 25/03/2018
- Interview date: tbc
Assistant Care Manager
Oakley Gardens, Dial Lane, West Bromwich, Sandwell, B70 0EH
Full time – 35 hours per week
£21,500 per annum
Are you looking for your next career move?
Do you want to join a growing organisation?
Do you want to be part of a successful team?
If this person is you, please read on:
This is a great time to join Housing & Care 21 as we have significant growth plans over the next 5 years which will enhance our customer experience.
With 118 Extra Care schemes and schemes planned to be developed over the next 5 years, Housing & Care 21 is continuing to grow.
Extra Care supports older people to live independently in their own home, in purpose built apartments or bungalows in a community setting, with access to on site care and support services tailored to their own needs.
As an Assistant Care Manager you will provide a high quality and CQC compliant care service to residents within the Extra Care environment ensuring care workers are appropriately recruited, supervised and retained.
You will be required to work shift patterns and weekends as defined by the Manager
Main responsibilities of the job include:
• Carrying out assessment of new or existing residents. Ensuring all allocated residents have a comprehensive care plan in place
• Being responsible for the management and performance of care staff by providing induction, line management, supervision and support to a defined number of care workers
• Support the management team with all aspects of team management including but not limited to: recruitment, staff induction, training and disciplinary procedures and sickness absence
• Contributing to the services quality assurance system by way of auditing, conducting observations and responding to residents feedback
• Preparing rota’s in line with commissioned care hours
• Acting as the responsible person for the safe running of the care service in the absence of the Registered Manager
The successful candidate will need:
• A good understanding of CQC regulation and how to apply these in practice (Essential)
• Supervisory experience (Essential)
• Demonstrable, hands on experience in delivering care to adults (Essential)
• Developing and reviewing care plans in line with people’s needs and preferences (Essential)
• Experience of organising staff rotas and scheduling of care calls (Essential)
In return we will offer:
• Induction pathway and training
• Career progression
• 35 hours full time equivalent working week
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (However, would still need to work on bank holidays as required)
• Pension scheme
• Income protection
• Life Cover
• Salary Sacrifice Schemes – Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work, holiday purchase and Car leasing scheme
If you require more information before applying for this job please see the attached full job profile. To apply please submit an up to date CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for the job or complete an application form available to download on our website and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th March 2018
Please note due to the high number of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 1 month of the closing date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your time and interest in Housing & Care 21 and we wish you every success in the future. Please feel free to apply for future positions with ourselves through our website.
Further information for this job:
Completed application forms should be emailed to
or posted to:
51-53 Hagley Road