The Future of Older People's Housing
19 October 2017
International Conference Centre, Birmingham B1 2EA
Exploring the future of the sector and innovative alternatives
At a time when the housing with care sector is facing unprecedented challenges, this conference will bring together housing practitioners, academics and policy makers in a new and exciting way to explore the future of the sector.
The conference will create an opportunity for debate, bridging the gap between those who deliver services on the front line and those who carry out the research that shapes and influences those services, creating an open environment for an exchange of ideas and expertise.
This conference will be of particular interest to:
- Practitioners from the housing sector, NGOs and think tanks
- Individuals with a housing sector interest
- Funding challenges
- Can a preventative service be measured?
- What actually do older people want from their housing?
- Together or Apart? Different Service Models and Approaches
The conference will bring together a number of speakers, including:
- Jane Ashcroft CBE, Anchor Trust
- Stephen Burke, United for All Ages
- John Galvin, EAC
- Jeremy Hughes, Alzheimer’s Society
- Dr Robin Miller, University of Birmingham
- Bruce Moore, Housing & Care 21
- Jeremy Porteus, Housing LIN
- David Sinclair, International Longevity Centre
There will be three break-out sessions in both the morning and the afternoon, which can be chosen on the day:
- Intergenerational provision
- Co-housing and social interaction
- Digitally enhanced housing
- Dementia friendly housing
- Decisions - stay or go?
Enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also download the conference agenda.
Booking your place
Tickets cost £50 (inclusive of VAT) and can be purchased now through Eventbrite
The Future of Older People's Housing conference will take place at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Birmingham on 19 October 2017.
The ICC is situated in the heart of Birmingham and easily reached by public transport. Car parking spaces are also available.
International Convention Centre
Phone: 0121 200 2000