The Future of Social Housing conference
Housing & Care 21 is joining forces with the University of Birmingham to host The Future of Social Housing conference, aimed at bringing together professionals and academics to discuss the future of social housing.
With the sector facing unprecedented challenges over the next decade, the conference will explore a wide range of topics, from international perspectives on social housing to innovative alternatives and the future role of private rented housing.
The event will feature two plenary sessions with internationally recognised speakers, and six interactive workshops shaped around ‘big debate’, ‘cutting edge’ and ‘agenda setting’ themes.
- Is social housing on the critical list?
- Are there better options for older people?
- Is private rented housing the ‘new social housing’?
- Where next for socially mixed communities?
- What is the view from Birmingham and the Midlands?
- What innovative alternatives are there?
The conference will bring together over 30 speakers, including international experts, leading academic researchers and consultants.
Speakers will join us from a range of organisations, including Birmingham University, Campbell Tickell, HousingLIN, the Housing and Community Research Group and the CIH.
The conference will take place from 9am to 5:30pm at:
International Convention Centre
Who should attend?
- Practitioners from the housing sector, NGOs and think tanks
- Individuals with a housing sector interest
Tickets cost £50 each, and lunch and refreshments are included.
Keep up with news on the day and get involved using #futureofsocialhousing